Wednesday, November 30, 2022

What's Not to Like?

Tyler and I met at the pool Tuesday morning. I did a straight swim of 1,200 yards with some multi-pacing and some backstroke thrown in here and there. That is the most I have swum in a while. Tyler did a 1,000 warmup, followed by some 100s, then a cool down of a few hundred.

At work, the scarcity of students continues. I had one class that no one showed up for. Yeah, that's good for the coffee industry but not for the kids. We got off a little early due to the imminence of bad weather. I read on Facebook that the Weather Channel was in town, and someone claimed to have seen Reed Timmer at Love's in Indianola. Not good. But everything turned out OK. 

I got in my truck and drove to Wade Road. My plan was to park there and run on Wade and Money Roads. Why? When the wind gets high, I get out of town. I fear falling limbs, and Greenwood is covered with big trees. When I went to climb out of my truck, lightening started popping all around. That's when I decided that treadmill running is not so bad after all.

Back home I went to Plate City and hung out with Pee Wee. I ran on the treadmill between sets. I worked everything. Well, maybe not everything, but I did full body: push, pull, and legs. My order was push, pull, treadmill. When I finished all of that, I worked legs alone. On the mill, I did 1.98 total. On the squat, I did three sets of two at 80% of one rep max. That was, of course, after a thorough warmup.

I enjoyed it out there. The rain was pelting the metal roof giving that wodnerful-- soothing sound-- I was dry, and Pee Wee was happy. What's not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment