Monday, May 29, 2023

5/22 - 5/28

It was a good but not stellar week of training. Monday I swam, ran, and lifted. The numbers weren't big but consistency is 70% of the training battle. The other 70% is big numbers. I swam 3,400 yards, ran 1.65 miles, and lifted at the City.

Tuesday I was back at it with 2,600 in the water. On the road, however, I knocked off 4.7. While that is not a long run, it was my longest in six weeks or more. Yes, the City was occupied, Pee Wee was happy, and squirrels were scolded.

I was consistent Wednesday with 3,100 in the water, 1.04 on the treadmill, and a serious leg session at Plate City.

Since Thursday was graduation day for our granddaughter, I did not get a lifting session in or a run done. But we did have some nice family time, and I did swim for 3,000 yards.

Friday saw me return to all three, but with a mere 1,400 in the water. That 1,400 was, however, long course meters with my old pal Tyler. On the road, I hit a another four-miler with 4.55 miles. At the City, I did push and pull to make up for Thursday.

We, Penny and I both, were home Saturday. I swam 3,100 yards, ran 1.44 on the treadmill, and lifted weights.

For the week, I

  ran 13.68 miles,
  ski ergged 3:05 minutes,
  lifted weights five times, 
  bike ergged 28:45 minutes, and
  swam 15,498 meters

That was a solid week especially in the water. This week ends with the State Games so it is a taper week. I have not yet decided how much I am going to train. Last year, I did the Games two days after completing Crazy Man Quadrathon. I performed okay. I will definately taper some, but I am not sure how much. I am always looking ahead and what's up next is Pool Fools. Please make plans to donate. The Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi set up an Event Page-- Pool Fools-- on Facebook. Search for it. You can donate there.

No comments:

Post a Comment