Friday, May 26, 2023

The Big Day

Thursday was a big day. Our granddaughter, Caitlin, graduated from high school. Of course we were there. After the ceremony, we-- her mom, dad, brother, and grandparents-- went to No Jay Wose in Cleveland for a meal. We had a swell time with family and good food. There were other graduates and their families there from Caitlin's school. The place was packed and hopping. I ordered the Mexican style hamburger. I barely can get that thing down, and if you know me you know that I have always been a big eater. Try it sometimes, but only if you are very hungry.


When we got home, Penny and I both took a nap. Naps are common now as is going out to eat at 5:00 p.m. on Fridays. Don't ever say what you are nor going to do when you get old.


 
I went to the pool, and swam

  1,650 34:42
  400 for time 7:07 (slow!)
  100 small paddles
  350 back
  250 broken with medium paddles 4:50
  250 25/25 free/back with small paddles
  total: 3,000 yards

The City sat empty as I was thoroughly through by the time I arrived home from the water. Sometimes you have to tap out and live to fight again another day. That's what I did. Plus, I am not crazy about being out there after dark this time of year. I remember years ago a guy in town contracted West Nile. He was in the hospital for weeks, and one day someone said, "He's having a good day. He knows who he is." I'm not signing up for that. No thanks. I'd rather thank Jesus for good health and a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment