Thursday, May 4, 2023

Still too Stubborn to Stop

I sat down to write a post about my training, but wound up writing a reflection about the death of family. Here is the training for all two of you who like to read that. 

I started with a run. Since my road condition has been compromised of late, I did not go far. Too bad, however, since the weather is perfect for knocking off a long run. The weather, as it has become over the last decade and a half, was cool. Springs now are very cold compared to how they used to be. Cotton planting has shifted almost a month now. I went out Hades Road. I call it that because there was always burning out there. I have not seen any fires, however, in months. Maybe they finally finished. I went 3.15 miles.

Later, I went to the pool with good intentions. But once there, a lazy spirit took over and I swam a total of 1,750 yards. Yeah, I'm sorry like that.

Forrest was supposed to come to the City. I even cleaned up the place a little. But he didn't show. Despite that, I did a touch of upper body and hit the legs mildly. I am rebuilding my leg routine. I did a set of yoke squats, the first one of those in probably over a year. I will build it up to some real weight.

So I got three workouts in. They were not big ones, but I was out there, still too stubborn to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment