Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was nice, relaxing, and full of fellowship and good eating. What's not to like? Sunday after church we went to Hillbilly Heaven. Monday before noon, we went to Forrest's. Pau and Forrest have a very eclectic group of friends and we hung out and talked. Andrea and Caitlin came. The food was amazing. Nothing fancy but everything top notch. We had burgers, salad, baked beans, chips and dip. Yes, I ate too much.

One of the most incredible things about the day was the weather. When I went outside to hang out with the people on the patio, I was shocked at how good it felt. The dewpoint was 57. How often does that happen in late May in Mississippi? With the gentle breeze, it was so comfortable out there that I went to sleep. Yep, got a genuine nap while people all around me were talking. Mighty nice.

I did go to the pool in the late afternoon. Since there were some people in the big pool, I went indoors and swam

  1,200 24:48
  4 X 300 r :30
    1 - 5:13
    2 - 5:03
    3 - 5:00
    4 - 4:54
  4 X 25 no breath
  2 X 50 fast
  50 back
  2 X 12.5 fly
  total: 2,725 yards

I was pleased with the 300s. Each one got a little faster. For some reason, I like them a lot. They are long enough to build the heart rate and some lactic acid. And they are over pretty quickly. But they don't smash me like a hard 500 does. I think they are a good training stimulus for both the 200 and 500 I swim in Biloxi. In Meridian, I will swim 200 and 400 short course meters.

I didn't do anything else after that. It was an enjoyable day. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment