Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Week of 9/16 to 9/22

It was a pretty light week, overall, and besides tapering off for the Oaks, mostly I've been sitting by the phone waiting on a call from Big ASS Endurance over the complaint I filed concerning Beets' height. Monday I ran 4.22 miles and didn't even go to the pool. Tuesday I ran 3.81 then met my buddy, Big John, at Twin Rivers. We had agreed ahead of time to go for three hours. He's been wanting to do that, and I needed a long swim. In that length of time, I swan

3,000
10 X 50 @ 1:15
2 X 200 large paddles
400 for time (7:06)
2 X 250 medium paddles
400 for time (7:06)
2 X 300 small paddles
400 for time (7:16)
500 finger paddles
10 X 100 pull @ 2:00 with small paddles
800
Total: 8,500 meters.

My wife and I at the Oaks. She walked the 5K.
Wednesday I ran 3.01 miles, mowed the front lawn, and was too tired to even think about swimming. Thursday I shuffled 2.52, and I did actually get my body into the water at Twin Rivers. But once there, I was listless and struggled through a slow 3,000. Friday I ran 2.03 then spent the afternoon working on the pontoon. I plan a separate post on that as well as the Oaks which I ran Saturday. I wrote earlier that if I couldn't get back under 50:00, then I would know I'm getting old and move on to more ultra type events which is what old runners often do. I'm really struggling over the results. I did get second place in my age group, but that was only partial consolation. In the afternoon, I ran another four miles.

Oh, by the way, Randy Beets and I were to race the Oaks for the Association of Sports Shufflers World Championship 10K. That rascal claimed he had to work. Still, I ate ice-cream and cake to celebrate winning another ASS world title.

For the week, I
ran 26.05 miles
swam 11,500 meters, and
walked 4.36 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment