Monday, September 16, 2013

End of Week

Thursday I did a little 4.07 mile run and then hurt my lower back lifting weights. I've been working on my core not only for athletic performance, but also with the hopes of having a strong and healthy back. Now I am stumbling around in pain like an old man. I went on to the pool and, thankfully, the injury gave me no trouble there. I swam

200 fooling with the robot, then
5,100 straight
Total: 5,300 meters.

Since Randy Beets and I planned a training day at the pond Saturday, I did my long run Friday. I went to Money and back and held my 2.5 mile shuffle/1.0 mile walk routine for five cycles. I finished with 14.24 miles of running and 5.93 miles of walking and averaged a faster pace than last week.

Saturday I met Randy at the pond and the air temperature was in the high 50s. The water was down to 78 and that felt pretty cool. With my back injured, we plannned on swimming only, doing two laps per set before crawling out for nutrition. Robin drove out and cheered us on. It's nice having her there. I think I swim a little harder with her watching. Randy started getting into that strange zone he goes into from time to time so we made eight miles and tapped out. That was enough, and besides, I really wanted to watch the Alabama/Texas A & M game.
My new cap matches the tape.
Just like my wife taught me.

When I arrived home, my wife, however, wanted to go to her mom's, so I only saw the first possession of the game before we left. Although I was tired and my back hurt, I put on my running shoes and got out of the truck only a couple of miles from the house to give me 30 for the week.

For the last seven days, I

swam 34,172 meters,
walked 7.07  miles,
lifted weights twice, and
ran 30.4 miles.

For the year I am at
603,564.15 meters swimming and
940.85 miles running.

Next Saturday I race Randal Beets at the 300 Oaks. We are not going to get to do the swim off afterwards because of my grandaughter's birthday party, but the Suck is approaching quickly. Soon a Big ASS champion will be crowned.

No comments:

Post a Comment