Monday, April 20, 2015

Seven Weeks Out

I wrote already about my first Twin Rivers swim of the year that I took last Monday. That night, after class, I shuffled for 2.37 miles. Tuesday I was back in the pool for 3,200 meters and back on the road for 4.55 miles. Wednesday I was still the only one in the water and swam 4,300 meters as 

1,200
5 X 500 @ 10:30
4 X 150 @ 3:15

My shuffle that day was 2.4 miles.

Thursday I did not swim, though memory fails me as to why. Most likely it was due to some rough weather of which we have been abundantly blessed with of late. I did, however, run 5.1 miles that afternoon.

Friday I had to work once more. This Friday crap has my cats in a tizzy. They expect me to stay home and hang out with them. Anyway, after class I went to the pond and took a 3.13 mile shuffle and then got in for some swimming. My motivation was lagging as low as my bank account and I stopped after one lap, a measly 1,335 meters. I am figuring out that running before swimming is not the way to do it. This happened last year a couple of times when I ran first. I had little energy afterwards for swimming.

Saturday I went out for my long run, which amounted to 8.61 miles. A long run now is around eight miles. I'm trying to keep it from getting too high for several reasons. One reason is it takes energy away from my Chicot training. Another reason is I build my running in the fall and winter because it is too cold to swim then and cool enough for me to go really long on foot. Buddy Bones and I will do a number of adventure runs after Swim the Suck. If you remember, last winter Buddy and I did six marathons. Six. We had a lot of fun, and I look forward to that again.

Not only do Buddy and I plan to do marathons, but my brother, Quinton Hodge, and I plan to do the Mississippi River Marathon in February. We hatched the idea to do one in 2016 to mark  the tenth anniversary of our first official marathon. We did one in Wynn, Arkansas then and decided to stay close to home for this one.

For the week, I

swam 12,935 meters,
walked 6.62 miles,
lifted weights three times, and
ran 26.16 miles.

It's time now to go crazy in the water. Pray for me please, for my health, energy, and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment