Sunday, April 12, 2015

Wrap Up

I finished the week without hurting myself. Somewhere along the way, that became the goal, my obsession, my paranoia. Actually it was not somewhere but specifically Wednesday while swimming the pond that I grew consumed with thoughts of a mild but aggravating pectoral injury from a year ago that didn't stop but hindered my training for several weeks. It happened this same week last year. Wednesday, as I have already posted, I thought about that constantly while I swam and wound up stopping short for fear of the same thing happening again. 

For the rest of the week, I obsessively stretched my pecs on the door facing every time I walked into a room. Yes, many people thought that was a bit odd, some thought I must be crazy, and others became convinced of it. But I made it through Saturday without incident. I didn't swim much, but I am whole and what a difference that makes. In fact, Saturday I did a heavy bench press session without the hint of soreness. My confidence has returned. I think.

After my pond swim Wednesday, besides stretching, I focused on running with the climax coming Saturday when I ran 8.33 with some strides, a vVo2 minute, and two times one miles at current 5K pace with only two minutes of recovery between. It was a nice run. I took nutrition and rested then went to the garden center to purchase potting soil and flowers. Andrea and Paul brought the grandchildren by because they were in town to do their taxes. Caitlin helped me plant flowers. She is such a sweet child.

Sunday afternoon I took a leisurely walk with John Rose, Cameron Able, Anita Batman, and Ray Smithee. We met at Bankston School and went over the bridge and out Wade Road and then out the gravel road. It was relaxing and fun. I hope we do it again. And again. And again.

For the week, I 

swam 8,190 meters (lat year 6,900),
walked 15.15 miles,
lifted weights three times (once upper body, two times lower), and
ran 23.79 miles.

With the pool at Twin Rivers up and a good pond on the farm, I look forward to some big yardage next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment