Friday, April 3, 2015

The Return of Friday

I can't tell you how long it seems to have been since I was off on a Friday. We had to work two of them straight and have two more in a row starting next week. I know, you don't feel sorry for the poor baby who has to work almost to lunch time on a Friday. But think of it this way. What if you and your pets became used to you being on a four day schedule? And think about doing your whole week's labor in those four days. Now add in another day. See? It ain't easy, and I don't mean isn't.

I'm not the only one who's been suffering. Luvie is love starved, Baby Kitty has even been following me around, and Jeff acts like I have a biscuit in my pocket. Guess what we are all doing right now? That's right, Baby Kitty is cleaning his goober, Luvie is snoring, and Jeff is snuggling while I sip the coffee which is unusually good this morning. Kudos to my wife.

And since we are playing the guessing game, try to tag what I did yesterday afternoon. No, I didn't make a road trip to Lake Natoma and swim with Shawn C. Turner, although I hope to one day. No I didn't burn down a house with my friend Poot. No, I did not shoot a road sign. 
My longest swim of the year thus far

Geez.

What I did do was go back to the catfish farm and swim my lovely new pond. Four days in a row now. Wow. Woa. WoeWhoa. I mean, wow! I read all the posts in Did You Swim Today? and sometimes I am envious because so many of the posters get to swim every day. Well, it is getting to be that time of year when I have a lot more access to water. The ponds are open, Delta State is still the ace up my sleeve, and soon Twin Rivers will be pumped up. 

My Thursday goal was to go a little longer than the two hours and twenty-one minutes I swam Monday, and that is what I did. I swam for two hours and forty-two minutes for 5.1 miles. Then I took a 2.8 mile shuffle after the swim.

Thursday morning, Austin Brewer bought in the first run of Chicot T-shirts to the Greenwood Center of Mississippi Delta Community College. Good service. If you want one, inbox me your info and I can mail it to you. Currently I am selling them for $20.00 with 100% of that amount going to the DFM. And did you know that 100% of funds donated to the DFM stays in the State of Mississippi where we have the highest diabetes rates in the world? I need one more sponsor or I may have to reimburse myself on the next run of shirts. By grace, that is not going to happen. 
This year's t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment