Monday, July 20, 2015

Luvie's Report

Luvie said I had a good week running  but a poor one swimming for 7/13 - 7/19. Monday I lifted weights and ran 5.34 miles in the heat. Finally it is like a real summer around here. Almost too hot for me even. We have had mid 90s with high dew points for some really challenging weather.

Tuesday I went out Humphrey Highway and parked at Hill View Baptist Church so I could do some work on the big hill. I went up it two times (see "Big Hill Challenge" 7/16). It was brutal in the heat, and I managed 9.3 miles before I tapped out. I went to Twin Rivers that afternoon for a 3,800 meter straight swim, my only dip of the week. There were pool parties and weather issues. 

Sigh.

Wednesday I did a dri-tri circuit of weights, squats, and bike trainer work. In all I lifted, shuffled 5.42 miles, and spun for 41:00.

By Thursday I was beginning to feel beaten down by the heat and all I did was shuffle 3.3 miles. Friday, however, I went out for another nine-miler, this time 9.04. Saturday, Penny and I went to Jackson so I could get some bike shoes and also have my power meter worked on. When we got home I did another dri-tri of weightlifting, 51:00 on the trainer, and a paltry 2.05 on foot. 

All in all, I 

ran 34.45 and walked 7.76 miles,
lifted weights four times,
swam 3,800 meters, and
cycled 1:32:00.

Besides the physical stuff, I hatched some plots for having fun later in the  fall and winter. This was a good foundation for those ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment