Sunday, August 30, 2015

ATM Update

There has been a break in the case. Another article on the Great Greenwood ATM Heist appeared in Sunday's Commonwealth. The piece was short, the information sparse, but at least it was something. The ATM has been found although the Leflore County Sheriff's Department is not saying where. They are also not revealing the state of the machine, but who can doubt that all the cash is gone. 

What they are saying is the truck the ATM was loaded onto belonged to Larry Kelly, a local legend of the cooking variety. His place of business, Larry's Fish House, is one of the most popular eateries in the area, and my wife and I frequent it often. Once, his wife even wrote a donation to my swim efforts when Penny and I went there to eat the night before Chicot Challenge I. The authorities know about the ATM landing on Larry's truck because security footage shows the thieves loading it onto the back of what I presume was a seriously overloaded pickup. When police arrived at the bank, the ATM was gone and the forklift was sitting in its place, still running, idling as if to say, "Nanny nanny boo boo!" 

Kelly reported his truck stolen at about 2:45 am on August 22nd. Are you keeping track of the crimes here? There was a stolen truck, a stolen forklift, and a stolen ATM. And that is just what the general public knows. Who knows what else they did. I bet there is a stolen something else somewhere and maybe an unpaid bill here or there. My estimation of these thieves grows with each passing Commonwealth article. I hope there are more. Articles I mean.

Besides the ATM, Kelly's truck was found, abandoned, and in perfect order except for a "stripped steering column." Excuse me, but I do not know what that means. Exactly how does one strip a steering column? Does that mean the steering column is gone or that the wheel turns and the tires don't or has a tie-rod end dropped? If communication is the first order of good writing, then someone needs to take my Comp I class.

Anyway, I hope you find this little update as amusing interesting as I do. Stay tuned. As soon as I learn more, I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment