Monday, August 3, 2015

Luvie's Report

The numbers weren't that good last week and Luvie wasn't that Luvie. Monday I started with 4.71 miles of shuffling and a 4,000 meter straight swim at Twin Rivers. Tuesday I paltry but pasty 3.15 miles and worked the weights lower and upper bodies, am and pm respectively. At the pool I was pitiful and only managed 2,500 meters before I tapped out. I don't lift weights and swim well on the same day. I do swim well the day after lifting even if I am sore and stiff. But a swim following a weight lifting session just doesn't work well for me.

Wednesday I tried to train for my Big Hill Challenge (see "Big Hill Failure" 7/29/15) and almost expired in the heat. I did get in 5.87 miles and some slow, dreadful walking. At the pool I swam

1,600
5 X 200 @ 4:25 (first and last 50 fast)
100 easy
total: 2,700.

Thursday I did something I haven't done in years. I ran twice. I took my truck in to Mike Rose for some new tires and brake work. I left his business on foot. I didn't run straight home, but got in 4.15 miles. When he called in the early afternoon and said my truck was ready, I ran back but this time I did the 1.65 straight shot. John and I met at Twin Rivers and I swan 4,300 straight.

Friday I took a little run (1.77) and did a little upper body weight lifting session. Saturday was the 8th Bikes, Blues & Bayous of which I will write about in a separate post.

For the week, I

swam 13,500 meters,
ran 21.3 miles,
lifted weights once lower body and two time upper body,
rode 28.11, and 
walked 5.12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment