Monday, August 31, 2015

Luvie's Report

Luvie was in a pretty good mood at the end of the week despite that I only swam twice for a total of 10,500 meters. Since I formally withdrew from Swim the Suck, he is taking the swimming like I am: whatever. I don't know if I am burnt out but I am burnt down some. Since my 19-mile Chicot Challenge, I have not had much enthusiasm for swimming, and even the thought of driving to Chattanooga and swimming 10 miles only makes me want to take a nap.

I started the week knocking off 4.05 miles on the road. Tuesday, I even met John at the pool and swam 4,400 as

2,100
10 X 50 @ 1:15
800 small paddles
2 X 200
100 breast/free
5 X 100 (3 with medium paddles).

After the swim I ran 10.05 miles with some multi-pacing. Sleep was sweet that night.

Wednesday John and I were back at Twin Rivers. Finally, we have outlasted the kids, and we have it all to ourselves again. I swam 2:09:52 straight. My pace was way slow and I only covered 6,100 meters, but without a race coming up, that is good enough. I managed to shuffle 6.12 miles after the swim.

John was out Thursday and I was tired so all I did was a 2.16 mile shuffle. Friday, however, was super as Buddy Bones and I did our first adventure run of the year, which I have already written about.

Saturday was another one of those slow days when I lost my mojo for everything. I eventually forced myself outdoors for some weightlifting, upper and lower body. For the week, I

ran 36.08 and walked 5.7 miles,
swam 10,500 meters, and 
lifted weights one time.

This is not much if I were training for the Suck, but it was a pretty good week preparing for The Great Noxapater Journey Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment