Monday, August 10, 2015

Luvie's Report

I'm a bit late posting this because Luvie has been napping all day, and I have had to work. Imagine that, work. Into each life a little rain must fall. To make a short story long, I cranked up the swimming a bit last week, hitting 4,500, 3,500, 4,800, and 5,200 on Monday through Thursday for a total of 18,000 meters, all of it at Twin Rivers. I did some good endurance sets of 300s (Monday), 400s (Tuesday), and 500s (Wednesday). Thursday I did an unbroken 5,200 meter swim. I like to do a straight swim at least once per week when I am building endurance.

On the running front, I totaled out at 30.42 miles. I failed, however, to get in a really long run, but I did two seven milers, one Tuesday and another Saturday. When I finished the run Saturday, the heat index was 107 degrees. I have just about enjoyed all of that I can stand. Not only is it difficult to run, but the water temps are running mid-nineties. It just tough right now. 

I lifted weights once for lower body and once for upper body. 

All in all it was a pretty decent week, but now that I have started back to school, for the next two weeks it will be extremely challenging to log adequate training. But that is what I pay Luvie for, to push and motivate me in tough times. He's pretty good at his job.
Luvie encouraging me to get out
and run in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment