Monday, August 17, 2015

Luvie's Latest

Luvie is as happy as a fat cat napping on a soft bed about my running numbers. Come to think of it, Luvie is a fat cat, and he does nap on a soft bed. Be that as it may, he is not joyous over my swimming numbers. Neither am I. 

The week before school starts is always a difficult one for me because I work a lot of hours and have to be in a lot of places. To make things even harder, my buddy John has  out most of the last two weeks. I've been at the pool alone. [insert weeping emoticon].

Monday I had to go on the main campus at Moorhead, and when I was cut free, I drove over to Nobile Fish Farm to look over my old stomping ground. I bumped into Jerry and we chatted a bit. He graciously re-extended an invitation to swim or do whatever wherever. It was not until I left him and drove a little farther down the levee road that I noticed it. "It" was a newly repaired pond being pumped up with fresh, cool water. I went home right away, got my swim stuff, and came right back. I only swam two laps for 2,000 meters but the water felt great although it measured 92 degrees. After swimming, I shuffled around the levees and bean fields for 3.51 miles.

Since I had to be back in Moorhead Tuesday, I brought my swim stuff with me and enjoyed a 4.1 mile bath followed by a 7.05 mile run after out English faculty meeting. Not bad for a busy day.

Wednesday I was stationed in Greenwood, and I took a run in the afternoon. The air temp was 93 degrees with a dew point of about 60. That was so much better than what we had been having that it felt downright cool. Despite having shuffled seven miles the day before, I managed to get another six. This, however, left me with little energy for swimming and I only did 1,000 meters before tapping out and going home early. 

Thursday I continued my running spree with a 5.35 mile effort. Again, I was unable to muster much of an effort in the pool but completed 3,100 before calling it a day.

Friday I worked all day. I hate working on Fridays. When we went to the four-day schedule, I felt like God had given me a great gift and I have made it a point to enjoy that gift as much as possible. Now, whenever something takes a Friday away, I feel as if Satan himself is stealing my gift. I hate that. I did nothing physical the whole day but went home and rested after my tour of duty was over.

Saturday I ran 10.03 miles and did some weight lifting for both lower in the morning and upper body in the afternoon. For the week, I

ran 31.99 miles,
lifted weights two times,
swam 12,696 meters, and 
walked 4.63 miles.

That gives me two straight weeks at 30 or more miles per week. I need to keep that up for the next six weeks or so and then build it a little higher if I want to pull off The Great Noxapater Journey Run. I want to do it. The more I think about it, the more fired up I become.

No comments:

Post a Comment