Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday's Delima

Finally justice and order are restored to the universe. I have a Friday where I am really off. I know you can't believe it, but I have had very few of those this entire year. Besides having to work for MDCC six or more, somebody is always throwing a monkey wrench into my Fridays. I have not been happy with that. In fact, I have been angry at that.

I know I have it good. But when we went on the four-day schedule several years ago, I felt like God had given me an incredible gift, and I have tried to and often succeeded at enjoying those days to the fullest. On Fridays, I do crazy swim training. I ride insane distances on a bicycle. I have done adventure runs with Buddy Bones. Sometimes I just hang around the house and blog and take naps. It looks like my next two Fridays are bummed so that leaves today.

What to do?

I am thinking of some type of long run, but I have no itch to go out Money Road. That paved path is my old standby, and it is always there, but it is not calling me right now. I could go to the cabin. For some strange reason, however, that doesn't appeal to me either, not now. I want to drive some where and run someplace that I have long wanted to explore, and I know there are several of those places out there, I just can't remember where they are. 

Duh!

At this present moment, Jeff is napping against my leg, the cats are slinking around in the house, and I am drinking coffee too good for a poor man. And I'm scheming. I just haven't settled on THE scheme yet. 

I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment