Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Samuel Lott, Poet

As an English teacher, I believe in the arts and I try to be, in some small way, a patron to poets, writers, and photographers. Thus, when I discovered in my very own class a poet, and in my estimation a very good one, I began a brainstorming project to produce ideas for promoting this unfound talent. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you Mr. Samuel Lott of Greenwood, Mississippi, who I am convinced will be famous one day. My prayer and aim is that his fame comes not fifty years after his death.

A few weeks back I posted a link to the very video you see linked below. This time, however, the link is to the entire Playlist which features Mr. Lott. There are now six videos in this collection with more on the way. While we have yet to successfully complete a full reading, we are attempting diligently to do so. Even in these short, interrupted clips, the passion of a true poet comes through in Sam's unfortunate readings. Watch his videos. Give him some likes. Subscribe to my YouTube channel and be somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment