Monday, June 27, 2016

6/20 - 6/26

With the big swim over and a week of rest propping up this tired body, I finally got back to training last week. My neck is still improving, and already I have been doing some gentle exercises for it. 

Monday I ran 6.51 miles and did some major yard work and was able to walk 2.76 miles while getting the lawn in shape. For some reason I can't remember, I was not able to get to the pool.

I did hit the pool Tuesday for 3,000 meters, did some light weightlifting, and ran 3.54 miles. The yard came in for more attention which allowed me to walk an additional 2.49 miles. For the first time in months, I included a paddle set in my pool work.

Wednesday I swam 3,200 as

2,000
10 X 50 @ 1:15
500 small paddles
2 X 100 @ 2:30 with medium paddles

In addition to the pool, I ran 3.18 miles and walked .46.

A party at Twin Rivers, Thursday, forced me back to the fish farm for the first time in weeks. Immediately I noticed some changes. All but one of the aerators were gone from my pond and the water level was at least a foot lower. I drove around to the ditch side and sure enough they were letting water out. This means they are either draining the pone or lowering it to seine. A text message to David inquiring as to what was going on with the pond has remained unanswered. A 2.41 swim was followed by a 3.1 mile run at home to finish the day.

Friday I swam 2,400 at the pool, ran 2.41 miles and walked .31. In the afternoon, Penny and I drove over to French Camp. She was off work and I wanted to take a picture of a truck I saw off Highway 407 when I did the Great Noxapater Journey Run. The truck was gone. We ate at the Council Cafe and did a little shopping and riding in the area. I dropped two of my business cards off at some of French Camp Academy's business and left a comment about being willing to swim for them if they want to do a fundraiser. I don't know if anything will become of it, but I would love to offer my services to French Camp Academy. I believe in what their ministry. They have a nice lake to hold the swim in, and their radio station would be the perfect vehicle for publicizing the event. I want to use my talent, as much as possible, to help other people. I don't know how many years of good swimming I have left, but if the Lord opens any more doors to swim for others, I will go in while I still can.

Saturday I did 22:30 on the bike trainer and then shuffled 7.07 miles. I also did a little walking and some weightlifting for the legs. And Sunday I did some upper body weightlifting, rode the trainer again, this time 24:00, and followed that up with a one mile treadmill run at a 3% incline. 

For the week, I

swan 12,477 meters
ran 26.81 miles,
lifted weights three time, 
pedaled 46:30 on the bike trainer, and
walked 7.64 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment