Friday, June 3, 2016

Postponed

At some point I had to make a decision and stick with it. I just made it concerning Chicot Challenge V. We are postponing the swim by one week. I just watched WXVT's weather and they are calling for 70% chance of thunderstorms Saturday. The Weather Channel app on my phone predicts 80%. Despite those high numbers, I still think we may could pull it off. Probably it will not rain until after lunch, and the language the weatherman used was "scattered showers." Scattered showers implies light rain with no lightning. I would love to do that. Swimming in rain is wonderful. Despite all that, the graphics WXVT put up showed thunderstorms. Thunderstorms are named thunderstorms because, well you can figure that out.

I suppose one thing that has made this decision so difficult for me is the question of am I being wise and using good judgment or am I having a lack of faith? I like to think it is the former. I am pretty sure, however, that if we did go ahead with the swim I would not conceive of it as an act of faith but more as a gamble, of us rolling the dice to see if we could get away with it.

Be all that as it may, I had to make a decision and finally I did. Please pray for good weather on June 11th. This postponement will mean that some of our crew will not be able to make it. We will just have to do the best we can.