Monday, June 20, 2016

Slim Week

The week of 6/13 - 6/19 was one of the slimmest on recent record. That's OK because I'm in recovery. Monday I shuffled a short 2.2 miles and did a little walking. Then early Tuesday morning I woke up on my right side and when I moved, a muscle in my neck pulled. It was extremely painful and Tuesday was a day of misery. I felt I had to go to work since one day in our summer school equals a week and a half in a regular semester. Periodically my neck would spasm causes such pain as to prevent me from moving or breathing for a few seconds until it relented. Wednesday it was much improved but still an issue so I didn't do anything physical. 

By Thursday I was improved enough to run 4.24 miles and in doing so I discovered that I had lost a bit of endurance. A lot of endurance. My thighs got that crampy feeling about 2.5 miles into a slow shuffle. Wow! But that's OK also because it will come back. It hasn't been gone that long and it will come back quickly as I resume my running. Friday I swam for the first time since Chicot but only 1,100 meters because it was bothering my neck. I tread water with John for an hour and thirty-three minutes and got a little work that way.

Saturday I was feeling well enough to go for a longer run and did 6.3 miles of running and .73 of walking before lifting some weights for the lower body only. And I bet you can guess what I did Sunday. That's right, besides going to church, I pretty much did nothing, first at Hillbilly Heaven, then at home, and finally at Mom's. It was a pretty easy week and I needed that. I did not need the neck issue which is still with me. In fact, it is worse today, and I don't know why. I do know this. My neck will be the body part of focus for the next twelve months as I prepare for Chicot VI. Prayers desired, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment