Friday, July 27, 2012

Last Practice with Petya

Before leaving home, I did some light running and a little dryland in the morning. Then I went to see my grandchildren in Skene, Mississippi. My grandson, Zane, and I walked to the airport and back.

Petya finally announced who her replacement will be. Cagri (pronounced Charry) will take over week after next. There will be no Masters next week. Since next week is also my last one off work, I will probably go to the pond a couple of times and hit some mega yardage.

Thursday's practice was obviously intended to humiliate me. The whole thing was sprints and the whole thing was done in fins which means I got my butt handed to me on every rep of every set. I not only have a distance stroke, I have a marathoner's kick, or lack thereof. We did:

400 back
8 x 100
6 x 50 kick alternate free and back
4 x 100 as 50 hard aerobic, 25 all out, 25 easy
2 x 200 back
6 x 50 all out
200
Total 2,800

Again, since there was no lifeguard on duty, I had to leave after practice. It's turning out to be a really light week as far as volume goes, but I should be able to rectify that starting Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment