Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday

After lunch, I got on my mountain bike and headed over the Tallahatchie Bridge. The heat index was 112. I rode out the gravel road to the right and hid my bike in a corn field and ran a turn row to the woods and back. Then I rode back to Money Road and got on another turn row and did some more running. By the time I got home, I had run 3.42 miles and ridden 7.18. Those are not big numbers, but in that heat, it was a big deal.

I went to Twin Rivers about 6:30 p.m. and swam an easy 3,100 straight. Despite the fact that Saturday I only did a light warm up and swam 800 meters, the swim was all out and Sunday and early Monday I had a sore tendon in my right elbow. I truly never swam harder in my life than I did Saturday and I really felt it and not just in the elbow. I took some mega doses of anti-inflamatories and did a ton of messaging. The easy pace felt good and nothing was sore while I swam. I plan a pretty big pool swim in the morning with some pace work along with some paddle swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment