Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Summary

Friday I went to Twin Rivers and swam an easy 1,500. I also did a short run and some dryland. Then I packed and went to Noxapator, first stopping in Louisville to register. My Aunt Mary and Uncle Paul put me up for the night and fed me like I was their fat little baby. I love these people. One of the things I always loved about the Heart O' Dixie (HOD) is visiting my family. There are a whole lot fewer of them now that just a few short years ago.
My training buddy, Randy, and me after the HOD
The race was a mixed bag. I busted out a pretty good swim (11:56) which was a PR by 46 seconds and best in my age division of fourteen old men. After the swim, I didn't have the confidence to push the bike due to my lack of riding. Literally, I must have been passed my 200 bikers. I averaged 16.8 miles-per-hour, good for 12th in my division. From 1st to 12th- ouch! On the run, I started well (9:46 for the first mile), but then the wheels fell off. It was hot, it was hilly, and my legs died. If you are not in bike shape, you can't run off the bike. I already knew this. I snapped a picture of two fat ladies running away from me on a hill. Humility, I think, is a noble virtue.

For the week, I swam 18,465 meters, biked 27 miles, ran 9.72 miles, and walked 6.67. I only lifted weights 1X but did a lot of other dryland work.

No comments:

Post a Comment