Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Dog Named Smu

Hanging out. That is Smu in the background.
Monday I shuffled 2.2 miles and did some weightlifting. Tuesday I ran 6.25 in a multi-paced fashion and felt pretty good. Then I drove to Skeen and got to hang out with Smu and my granddaughter before swim practice. Smu meets me at my truck and climbs in when I open the door. That little turd-eater has won my heart. I always pick her up and carry her indoors where we hang out with Caitlin and watch Square Bob Sponge Pants, hug, and eat candy.

I got to the pool a little early and started warming up. Mark Blackwood and Ricky Smith showed up when I had already done 500. I kept swimming, but stopped at 1500 when I saw Mark on the wall. Cagri was not there yet, which is most unusual for him. Consequently, we decided to keep swimming and did 10 X 50 kick with fins thinking coach might show up while we kicked. While going up and down the pool, we made up the rest of the practice since the Mad-Swimming-Scientist was a no-show. We did

1,500
10 X 50 kick with fins
3 X 400 as 1 with paddles, 2 with fins, 3 swim
10 X 50 fast @ 1:00
100 easy
Total: 3,900 yards = 3,564.6 meters.

When I dressed and got to my truck, I saw a text from Cagri saying he was running late. Way late. It felt good to be back in the water, and I am hungry to bust out a big one Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment