Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Summary

For the first time all year, I went a week without swimming. It was not my choice, at least not totally, and I am not happy to say the least. I not only want to swim, it seems I also need to. Our masters group meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays so Thanksgiving knocked out one practice. But Tuesday's session was allegedly cancelled due to a broken heater at the pool. I say "allegedly" because every year at this exact time the heater breaks. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Luvie also loves film noir.
Yes, I could have gone to the pond, but my motivation to freeze myself nearly to death while having no one even to witness my death has slowly vanished with the fading day length. OK, a little hyperbole there, but really not that much.

Friday I did an easy 3.21 mile shuffle and lifted some weights. Saturday I ran 6.14 straight, did some setups and squats, and then gorged myself on a smorgasbord of college football. Almost all the football was good with the SEC serving out butt-whippings to everyone they played. The dark spot was Mississippi State getting lit up by our in-state rivals. Dreadful.

Since Saturday night was dark, I felt drawn to some dark entertainment. Like last Sunday, I took a mild three-mile walk in the afternoon after eating several pounds of popcorn and watching another movie in my Film Noir collection. My cat watched Quicksand, starring Micky Rooney, with me. He likes the genre also and thought it was Rooney's all-time best role. The movie is a morality tale that vividly details the misery which comes from choosing the bad girl over the good one. Alas, however, there was a happy ending. The movie I mean.

For the week I ran 23.48 and walked 10.15 miles. I also did upper body weight work three times.

I can't wait to get back into the pool next week. Maybe I shouldn't get too antsy; this is my off season, and I probably need an off season. My schedule for the spring semester is giving me the first period off, so if I get into MVSU's  pool (something I've been working on), I can do some major swimming before work everyday. If that prooves to be the case, I may up the distance on the Chicot Challenge, which now is set at sixteen-miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment