Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Conflicted

Some week. I am signed up to swim for a tri team this weekend in New Orleans. This puts a real strain on my schedule and conflicts me to an unbelievable degree. I need to taper for the the triathlon, and I need to train like a madman for the Chicot Challenge. I hope to split the difference and try to parcel out 20,000 meters of swimming front loaded on the early part of the week, leaving me time to slow up the last few days before the event. We'll see how it works.

Not only has the triathlon put a strain on things, but my schedule has been wrecked by more than one inconvenience that I really don't want to talk about. I did, with great strain, make it to Jerry's Monday and swim 4.1 miles in two hours and ten minutes. That was my longest swim of the year thus far. I felt good and finished without fatigue. I would have swum longer, but I had to go back to work.

After my evening class, I went out for a 3.11 mile run. I usually don't run after work when I teach at night being pretty washed out when I get home. However, sometimes that's the only way to get it done. Needless to say, I slept pretty well Monday when I put my head on the pillow. Tuesday I managed to wedge in a 5.69 mile multi-paced run and also to make it to DSU for Masters where I swam

Doing a long pull set last Thursday
500
8008 X 50 as even 25 drill/25 swim; odd breathing 5 and 7 by 25s
4 X 300 pull, decline, no paddles
   1- 4:55
   2- 4:47
   3- 4:41
   4- 4: 38
6 X 50 as 2 all out, 1 easy @ 1:15
End of Masters. On my own I swam
1,000
Total: 4,200 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment