Thursday, April 18, 2013

Frustration Overload

Frustrated. Very. Pissy.

At this moment, I am in my Comp I class and my students are writing a practice essay to prepare for their final exam. I am not very encouraged as I occasionally take a walk around the room and look at them "at work." No one is doing any pre-writing.

?!?!?

I guess that is a pretty good hint that I need to get back to swimming, in my writing, in my thoughts and in the actual water. Yesterday I was able to train in my hometown for the first time this year. Twin Rivers pumped their pool up Friday. The water is green, full of pollen, and floating with leaves. But it is there and they always let me in no mater how bad the water. I didn't take a reading, but my guess is the aqua temp was about 70 degrees. I can do that.

Laps was all I did, and I got out after 4,000 meters. The plans still is to get in my 20,000 and do a mild taper. Monday I did 6,500+, Tuesday it was 4,200. If I can get 3,000 this afternoon after my dental appointment (it is supposed to turn stormy) and another 2,000 Friday morning before I leave for New Orleans, with Sunday's race effort added to the total, I will be set to take Saturday off and still get my 20,000.  This will give me time to find the race start and, I hope, take a long run, resting my arms but ruining my legs.

Besides the swim, I did a little 2.45 mile shuffle after work Wednesday night. Today, I need an in town swim and then a five mile run. If I can make that happen, my frustrations will melt away. Yee Haa.

No comments:

Post a Comment