Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Summary

Wednesday I went to Jerry Nobile's and did my longest continuous swim of the year, 3.25 miles. The water was a nice 74 degrees, and I would have liked to have stayed longer but I had to get out to go to work. Wednesday night is when I have my Film as Literature class, the highlight of my week. We discussed last week's feature, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, and viewed Cool Hand Luke, one of my all time favorites because of the acting and the overwhelming Christ-figure motif. After work I went out for a 2.23 mile run before the bad weather moved in. It was dark and windy, and I felt great as I did what I call a "tipper," that is I just tipped around.

Thursday was cold, yes cold, and raining so I went to Twin Rivers and ran 5.15  miles on the treadmill. I got out early enough to go see my grandchildren where the girl got my phone, took this picture, and posted it on Facebook. Notice Smu napping on my leg. The kids and the animals all go ga ga when I show up. It's overwhelming. It's just one of me and I can't keep everything loved up. Two kids, three dogs, and two cats all want me to meet their need of affection. No wonder I'm worn out.

At Masters I swam

1,100
6 X 50
6 X 50 kick with fins
6 X 50
6 X 50 kick with fins
300
3 X 100 with fins @ 3:00
100 easy. End of Masters. Then I swam
2,100 pull with small paddles for a total of 5,100 meters.

Friday I went back to DSU. I'm doing way too much driving to swim, but before I left town, I cruised by Twin Rivers and saw that they were pumping the pool up. Thank God. That should start helping me out next week. At DSU I was tired and unmotivated. I struggled through

1,100
5 X 200 @ 4:00
6 X 100 @ 2:00
2 X 250 large paddles
2 X 250 medium paddles
2 X 150 small paddles for 4,000 meters. I was done.

I went home, did some cleaning and took a nap. Then I did a little 1.55 mile shuffle. My wife came home and we went to Larry's for some super catfish. Jerry Nobile and his wife were there. I chatted a bit with him. He said to swim any of his ponds because there was nothing in them that could hurt me.

Saturday I had breakfast at Burger King with my old friend Danny Collins. Danny is a really smart guy and we go way back. We just sat around, drank coffee and chatted. Afterwards I ran 7.15 miles and for the first time in weeks did a few very light squats. Because of my patella tendons, I've had to lay off the squats. In the late afternoon, I went back to Jerry's without much energy, so if just did a short 1.28 mile swim. The water was 66 where I put my thermometer but it varied several degrees up and down around the pond.

For the week, I
swam 22,088.77 meters
ran 24.27 and walked 4.07 miles
and lifted weights one time.

For the year I am
217,583.88 meters swimming, + 47,497.5 over last year and
311.78 miles running, + 200.96 above a year ago.

In short, training is going pretty well, way better than 2012. I am still short, though, on longer swims. I did manage a 3.25 with no fatigue. Yee haa.

No comments:

Post a Comment