Sunday, October 6, 2013

Friday Hill Run and More

Thursday I did a little 4.21 mile run and met Big John at Twin Rivers where I swam

1,200
6 X 50 @ 1:15
300 easy
400 for time (6:23)- raced Brent Bailey. He beat me about two seconds, but it got me a PR,
11 X 100 @ 2:00 pull with small paddles
Total: 3,300 meters.

Friday I did a hill run. I went to the cabin and ran one of my old loops. On the long hill on the highway, I pushed it just a little, and I tried to maintain a decent pace which I did for about six miles and then I began to fall off. Anyway, I did a straight 11.01 miles with a little quality in there on the first big hill. In the afternoon, I went to Twin Rivers but only did 2,100 straight and went home. I was just tired. I'm finding that pushing the running and the swimming at the same time is just a bit too much for me. They work different muscles, except one: the heart.

Saturday, I only did 2,500 meters at the pool, and later I ran to Mom's to watch MSU play LSU. My dad is 84, but he is still passionate about MSU football. It's almost hard to fathom when you consider how much losing our Bulldogs have done and how old and declining he is in so many ways. Yet he still pitches fits, yells, curses, and second guesses every coaching decision. Saturday night he threw more fits than a dump dog has flees despite that for three quarters State played pretty well. Finally, I decided to record some of his antics. I only got a little, but here is one of his lesser ones before my phone lost power.

[I tried to upload the sixteen second video, but for some reason, it never works for me. If you really want to see it, however, you can find it on my facebook page.]

For the week, I
ran 29.74 miles and
swam 15,500 meters.

For the year, I am at
1,026.18 miles running and
644,864.15 miles swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment