Friday, October 2, 2015

Channel 13 News

Channel 13 News has recently become my all-time favorite television program. Like many of you, I first heard of this now famous channel via Facebook. Dozens of people on America's favorite time waster, copied and pasted those statements to prevent FB from taking ownership of their pictures and posts and likes. The incredible thing is that this concern has been around the block already. 

Several times. 

I marvel that otherwise sane and intelligent people go nuts over the idea that someone they don't know is going to either

   a) publish in a book all of their poorly written political rants
   b) sell their photos to a fashion magazine and make millions
   c) refuse to let them read what they wrote last month
   or
   d) make big bucks by trading their cat photos for cash

Really.

People are getting seriously worked up over this, or if not seriously worked up, they figure it is "better safe than sorry." Safe from what? As if all of that were not enough, another similar scare circulated on the heels of the latest Channel 13 report. This one claimed that Facebook was going to charge $5.99 per year for you to keep your public posts private. Does anyone see a problem here? Social media and privacy is sort of like that long word my high school English teacher attempted to teach me, long ago. What was that? Oh yeah, oxymoron. O-x-y-M-O-R-O-N.

Pardon me for feeling superior, but I feel superior. Facebook does that for me which is reason I will never, ever leave it, her, or whatever it or her is. She makes me feel a certain way.

Now to get to my real point. I have started a playlist on EndangeredSwimmer the Vlog named: (drum roll) Channel 13 News. I am shooting and posting short videos on all the really neat and important stuff I am learning by watching my favorite new show. Tune in and then don't touch that dial. With Randy Beets off Facebook, finally something good has happened to make it fun again. 

I needed that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment