Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pool Time

At the pool, it had been so long since I had been there, I didn't know what to do. I looked around, not seeing any of my fellow Masters swimmers, and didn't know which end to get in. Then I saw Mark come in a set his bag down at a lane at the front. I beat it down there, chatted with him a minute, and then jumped in.


I was surprised at how good the water felt and how much I enjoyed swimming. Mark told me Cagri, our coach, was not going to be there, but he had the practice: 8 X 300 with all sorts of diabolical breathing patterns. I hate breathing patterns. I started warming up, waited on Mark to get in, and then noticed Ricky Smith arrive and jump into Mark's lane. I prepared my muscles with 900 yards, and then we started the main set together.

Every other set was with paddles and fins. Since I did not have fins, I dropped the breathing and just tried to keep up with Mark and Ricky. I thought that was plenty since I am out of swimming condition and have a weak kick even if I have fins on. I did do the breathing patterns on the 300s without equipment. It was a pretty challenging workout, but it hurt so good. I did not realize how much I missed the water. I cooled down with an easy 50 for a total of 3,350 SCYs.

No comments:

Post a Comment