Monday, October 23, 2017

10/16 - 10/22

I bottomed out this week. At least I hope I did. I did almost no training, a butt load of eating, hours of sitting, and spells upon spells of crying. Through it all, I managed to outgrow the remaining pair of pants I could still button. 

Mother was dying starting late last week. Actually, she has been dying for several years, but the pace quickened and we knew the time was drawing near. I was there most of the time and when I wasn't I was sort of in a fog. She passed early Wednesday morning, a kind and gentle soul who never harmed a person in her life and gave love and respect to everyone she met. Seeing her pass was the most difficult thing I have ever endured. I will be writing about her life soon.

Friday afternoon was the only time I exercised. I mowed the lawn and did some gentle weightlifting. On the bench I pushed

15 X 50
12 X 60
10 X 71
10 X 71

That's it. I hope now to begin the process of grieving, getting this weight off, and moving back towards some sort of fitness. Thanks be to God who has given sufficient grace during our time of crises.

No comments:

Post a Comment