Tuesday, October 10, 2017

10/2 - 10/8

Another mediocre week. I guess I have digressed into a mediocre man. So it seems. Monday I swam 2,600 meters and Tuesday I did 2,700. By Wednesday the liquid temps had risen to 79 degrees, and I swam 2,800 with the first 2,400 straight. That was a tad too much. Several weeks ago when I did the same thing, I had some discomfort at the exact same point. I did not swim again the rest of the week.

Thursday I wrote nothing in my journal so I suppose that means I did nothing. I have been a bit under the weather and that has reduced my activity. Also, we had revival services at Centerville Wednesday through Friday night. Brother Jim Kelly preached for us and did a bang up job. He brought with him a strong anointing that impacted the church and me.

Friday I had rehab. Saturday, I did some work at Plate City. On the bench, I pressed 

18 X 50
20 X 55
25 X 60 
20 X 65

I also performed a bunch of other stuff, of course, but I have always considered the bench press as an accurate indicator of the health of my shoulders. Each bench session is getting better. I no longer have to do the reps slow on the bottom end of the range but can push without thought. This week, I plan to start raising the weights a little more quickly instead of the five pound increments I've been going up. I'm convinced the shoulder is ready for it. 

I still feel those bicep tendons sometimes, but the tightness in the back, although it is still there, is fading and it accepts stretching a little more now. However, I continue to worry about it and wonder if I will be able to do Chicot again. Is this a test of my faith? I don't know, but if it is, I fear I am failing like an alcoholic who just won a truck bed load of beer on a game show.

That afternoon, I took Pee Wee out and I heard him bark up a tree once, but he left it. He ran a bunch of deer and we had a good time. Sunday, Forrest wanted to go out with him so we did. I don't normally do stuff like that on Sundays, but Forrest is my son and the one who rescued the pup. He treed once, but we didn't find the squirrel. He hunted hard and had a good time.

For the week, I swam 8,100 meters, went to rehab twice, lifted weights one, and walked 5,32 miles. Thanks be to God, and please Lord, forgive my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment