Saturday, November 25, 2017

Lottery

The typical response to one of my blog posts is 40 - 60 page views. My last piece of writing, "It Happened," as of this morning has been viewed 630 times. Remember, this was about my discovery of a cave in Carroll County and some weird happenings that left me and my hounds shaken, frightened, and confused. Not only has the post attracted lots of attention, but 59 times someone has commented on the Facebook link. Over and over, I am receiving responses from people requesting to be a part of the team, the group to go back and search, explore, shoot, or whatever is needed.

Due to the high interest and the excessive number of volunteers, I will be conducting a lottery to draw for five spots. I have not determined an exact date for the drawing or the precise manner to pull names from a hat? a box? or a sack? I want to give this some serious thought because I am sure some folks are going to be disappointed, but I can't take everyone.

Not only that, but I need to take the time to write up a suitable release. To make this trip, you will have to sign and have notarized a document releasing me and/or my heirs of any and all responsibility for injury up to and including death, emotional trauma, and post traumatic stress disorder. I feel that this is a reasonable requirement considering the possible dangers involved in an undertaking of this manner.

Stay tuned for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment