Thursday, November 2, 2017

More Yo Yo

Did you read that last blog post? What do you think? Did I go back to the outdoor pool? Did I force myself once more into that cold water? Nah. I wimped out and lay on the bed after getting off work watching worthless TV.

I did, however, take a walk (1.84 miles) and then go to Plate City Gym and give myself a thorough workout. It seems I am dialing in on how hard to work the shoulder and it is thanking me for it. Just this morning, I got up without feeling the thing at all and thought, it is really getting well now. Then it stuck me with a bolt of pain that was both as frightening as it was shocking. Sigh.

At the gym I upped the bench press a little more:

20 X 65
15 X 75
12 X 80
10 X 85
  8 X 90

Every time I bench, it feels just a little bit better. There is no pain now not even discomfort. On the Swim Pull I did

10 X 22.5
20 X 22.5
30 X 22.5
12 X 22.5 + 2 washers

I also did a lot of lateral raises, seated rows, lat pull downs and other stuff. Slowly the pain is going away, the strength is creeping up, and with it all my long lost confidence is wondering back home. The yo yo has gone back to the bottom and come to the top again.

Tonight, I think I will bite the bullet and go back to Delta State. I need to swim and the cold water stuff is restrictive as well as challenging to my mind in more than one way. The last swim, Tuesday, left me with the yo yo at the bottom. The shoulder did not feel good. I think the coldness is tightening everything in a not-so-good way. Swimming in warmer water should help me relax. Also, a short course pool may be just what the doctor ordered. Short course gives the shoulders a break much more frequently while flipping to go the other way. So maybe I can begin to rebuild the swimming. I still have Twin Rivers for short dips when I want to take the dare.

Thanks be to God who gives hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment