Tuesday, June 5, 2018

5/28 - 6/3

I'm swimming again. And shuffling. Not much of either, but I am finally in a real comeback. The week of training went like this:

Monday, Memorial Day, I did some weightlifting in the morning. On the bench I did
  
   15 X 50
   10 X 70
     8 X 85
     8 X 85

I did some other stuff of course, but the bench presses felt almost like I'm working out again. I also did a 6.6 mile walk with about .34 miles of shuffling inserted. If I can get the weight off, I am now convinced I will be able to regain my running. On top of all that, I slipped over to the pool around 6:30 just to see if I could swim. I did a slow and awkward 6 X 50 at an average pace of 2:08 per 100. I was embarrassed but thankful to God to be able to swim at all. Like the shuffling, I think I can get it back. The shoulder was tight but never painful. It is going to come back all the way.

Tuesday I swam after I got out of my summer school course which began the same day. This time I did a total of 700. Again the average pace was 2:08. Slow but swimming. Brian and I rode after work. He made me suffer, and we did 19.7 @ 15.3 on a windy day. The numbers aren't impressive, but it was real work.

Wednesday I was in the pool for 800 @ 2:06 (broken up into 50s and 100s) and on the road ambulating for 6.25 with .46 of shuffling.

Thursday I swam 900 @ 2:08, and Brian and I rode 19.51. 

Friday I slept in and then packed for the Chicot Challenge, which came off Friday. 

Saturday, I swam 1,200 meters at the charity swim while MJ, Wilson, and Spence did the real swimming. A separate post on the Challenge is coming later.

For the week, I

cycled 39.21 miles
swam 3,000 meters, and 
shuffled 12.91 miles.

I have real hope now, hope of regaining my fitness, health, and happiness. Thank you, Jesus, and forgive me for the weakness of my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment