Monday, June 11, 2018

6/4 - 6/10

Monday was a pretty full day. I did a Money Road shike (shuffle/hike) that led to to Twin Rivers after 6.0 miles. At the pool I only swam 500 meters, but I am swimming, and I am thankful. Then I ambulated home for a total foot mileage of 6.88 miles of which .62 was shuffling.

Tuesday I did not do much, but on the bench press I did

16 X 50
12 X 70
10 X 80
  8 X 90

When I lift, I always get a little walking in between sets. This time it was .51 in addition to the .2 I did at work.

I wrote about Wednesday already when the dogs and I went to the pond for the first time in over a year. I cycled 2.04, walked/shuffled 1.09, and swam 1,000 meters.

Thursday and Friday are a blank in my training diary. I had a funeral to officiate Friday so when I got off work Thursday, I first went in search of a Dallas Cowboy necktie and then I went home to prepare. When the funeral was over Friday and I began to drive home, I felt almost as fatigued as I do after completing a Chicot Challenge. It always does me that way.

Saturday I was pretty washed out. I finally dragged out of bed and did some more benching:

16 X 50
13 X 70
10 X 80
  6 X 90
  3 X 95

Hot dog! It feels like I am lifting weights again. The shoulder keeps improving. I can now lower the bar all the way to my chest without pain, as long as I do it slowly. I used to warm up with 100, but from now on I think I will cap out eventually at 140. Why that weight? One reason is that is the weight where I could feel myself getting stronger every session so I know I can get strong on 140 pounds. Another reason is with my injury and the lightness of my bone structure, 160 and up now seems a little extreme to me. In the future, I plan to do more reps and sets at 140 when I build up to there. That is enough to be sufficiently strong to do all the swimming I want. 

Later in the evening, I went to the pool and swam 1,000 meters.

For the week, I 

swam 2,500 meters, 
cycled 2.04 miles, and 
ambulated 9.03 miles.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment