Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Tiny Pool Again

So I went back. 

To the tiny pool.

I was goofy glad to be able to get in and have my watch set to catch everything accurately unlike Monday when I had to get out a slide rule, a calculator, and call a mathematician to try to figure out how far I actually swam. I'm still not sure, but I put it into my training diary and on here as 1,500 yards. 


This time when I called Stela to send someone to let me in, a girl and a guy came my way. The girl had the key and the guy had a big bag of what looked like fertilizer over his shoulder. Was he going to put that in the pool? 

He was going to put that in the pool.

"You mind if I put this acid in the water before you swim?" he asked.

Yes, I'm kidding. 

What he really said was, "You mind if I put this salt in before you swim?" I didn't mind. So it's a salt water pool. I figured that already. What I don't know is does that impact performance? If you know, please leave me a comment below.

I swam a little farther than yesterday. I warmed up with 600 straight which is the farthest I have swum this year not counting the .75 of a mile I swam at Chicot. Then I did 700, 200, 200, and finally 125 for a total of 1825 yards. My muscles let me know afterwards that I am still not in shape, but I keep inching up. My 100 average was 1:55. Since I mostly swim long course, I really don't remember how far off that is from my good swimming, and I am too lazy to go snooping around in my old training logs to find out.

At home I began some long dreamed of upgrades on Plate City. I mowed, lifted weights, and got tools out and started the remodeling job. The lifting is coming back, and it always gives me a boost to add something, change something, or upgrade something. I have some ideas, and I finally pulled the trigger and began the work. For me, getting started is at least 60% of the job. I and putting up one of the attachments Leflore Steel built for me that I had taken down because of room issues. The more I stand around out there and look and think, the more ideas I come up with. I may do a whole post on Plate City, so I'll drop that for now.

God is good. Thank you, Jesus for restoring my imagination, my dreams, my goals, my desire to do stuff. When those were gone, life was like eating fish without salt, pepper, and anything to drink. Now I understand why Mom, long past her ability to do much of anything continued to buy things she should have know she could never use. She was still dreaming and scheming. It kept her waking up each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment