Thursday, June 21, 2018

Back in the Saddle

I'm back in the saddle again,
out where a friend is a friend,
where the long horn cattle feed
on the lonesome gypsum weed,
I'm back in the saddle again.

Brian texted me Sunday afternoon. Want to ride Monday? Want to ride Thursday? I answered yes to both questions, only to realize later that I had a previous engagement Thursday. It had been two weeks since we rode. He had a health issue, and during our sabbatical I wracked up a whopping two miles on my mountain bike. But now we are back in the saddle again. We rode Monday, parking at Money and riding first McIntyre Lake Road and then the one that goes out east from downtown Money. We pulled thirty seconds each and rode pretty hard for two fat guys who had been off for a couple of weeks.

When we got to the end of our last road, about four plus miles from the truck, we called a truce and did a gentleman's ride back. That felt good and we finished the ride happy, having a good workout without totally wasting ourselves.

Total ride: 19.48 miles. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment