Saturday, June 8, 2019

Slow Friday

It was a slow-moving day, Friday, just like I wished. Starting with a swim, I was supposed to meet John at 7:30, but he was late. I swam

1.400 30:57 (2:12)
6 X 50 @ 1:21
5 X 100 @ 2:15
100 easy
300 kick with fins
total: 2,600 plus 300 kick

Notice that I upped to total just a little bit and the quality eased up some also. The next big thing is the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon and that is an intense swim. A half mile in open water might sound like a piece of cake to you. Hey, you think, you just swam 12.75 miles. Yes, but to do this the way I want to requires some retooling, so to speak. I need to work on speed, stamina, and the ability to suffer. Suffering during a hard half mile is a totally different kind of suffering than suffering over twelve miles.

About mid-morning, I took a short shuffle, 2.54 miles. I kept the pace at a blistering sub 13:00 minute per mile pace. I was looking back through my training diary yesterday, and I was surprised when I saw how little I have run this year. No wonder I am shuffling like an old man. I am an old man who has run very little since 2016. But I am out there trying once more to come back, to regain some earlier form. How far back will I get? I don't know, but I hope to return to some of my Buddy Bones Friday marathons this winter if I can stay healthy. One in particular that I never go to do is the Buddy Bones Parks Marathon. On this one, I will run a mile at several of the parks in town. Thirteen parks and with the to and fro, I will have the 26.2.

By mid-afternoon, I forced myself out of the house for some Plate City stuff. I bench pressed, did some T-bar rowing, one arm rows, cord work, and rotator cuff stuff.

Penny and I had plans for the night. We went to Crystal Grill early. I got the two pork chops which are almost as good as a rib eye and a whole lot cheaper. We then went to the Greenwood Little Theater and watched "Ragtime." Wow. Just wow.

It was a good day and night. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment