Thursday, June 13, 2019

Wednesday Wobble

Lately I have been. Wobbling. Maybe that's not the right word. I've been sagging a bit. I only did two workouts yesterday. Wobbling, or fatigue is responsible for my lack of production.

I met John at the pool a little before 7:30. He has turned over a new leaf. That makes four times in a row he has been on time. I swam

100 (picked up money off the bottom of the pool)
1,700
2 X 250 @5:50
  4:48
  4:50
200 small paddles
total: 2,500 meters.

You might wonder why the 250s on 5:50. The reason is I had a set of 5:50 programmed into my watch already. It was put there for doing 300s in the short course pool. I was scrolling through the workouts and Cha ching, I see 5:50. Should work for 250s long course. It did. I only did two because John and I were pressed for time. I am beginning to get a little hungry for a longer swim.

I ran, but I waited until after 4:00 not because it was hot, but because I was lounging. CC was hanging out with me I didn't have the fire in the belly. When I did go out to play, I shuffled 5.21 miles at another miserably slow pace. The hamstring, by the way, was better. I should do more leg curls.

I needed to lift, but I just didn't. Here is where having a partner helps. I lifted a lot when I had Trevor. Now that he is gone, there are more days that I let it slide, especially after running kind of long. Still, it was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment