Thursday, June 27, 2019

Wimpy

I have gone from wuge, to nwuge, to wimpy in my training this week. Wednesday I hatched some big plans. Hatched them in my mind that is. They started with a swim in the big pool. I did 

2 x 50
1,400
400 for time (7:18)
300 small paddles
total: 2,200 long course meters

That wasn't too wimpy, but I was planning more when John started out. I know I didn't have to stop because he did, but without thinking, I climbed out and started drying off once I saw him head towards the exit.

I then had thoughts of a long bike ride, but Penny wanted to eat lunch at the Crystal Grill. After our meal, CC got on my when I reclined on the couch, and she didn't let me up for most of the afternoon. 

When I did get up, it was to experiment with an alley workout. What's that, you say? An alley workout is when I toss some equipment over the fence and into the alley at Plate City and so some sort of crossfit/strongman type of workout. I was thinking about pushing weight over a bar like they often do in strongman contests. They might use sandbags or stones, and it looks like a really effective full body workout.

Since I have neither sandbag or stones, I was at a loss to figure what to lift. Then I thought about all the short welded barbells I have. I tossed a thirty over along with a stand alone rack. Placing an empty bar on the rack, I lifted and dropped the thirty-pounder over the bar six time and then grabbed a forty-pound kettlebell and carried it 108 feet, swapped hands and carried it back.

Since the thirty-pounder was too light, I dropped my biggest kettlebell over, a forty-five, raised the height on the bar and did that six times. It was still a bit light. I am thinking of getting a short, straight bar from Leflore Steel and loading it with some ten pound plates, about six, that I have plenty of. Maybe I should raise the height on the bar again. 

Anyway, I did some playing around and that is all. I do have plans to do some more of that sort of thing. You have to experiment to find a weight that is enough to make you work but not make you want to go back inside and lie on the couch. I'll figure it out. Thank you, Jesus, for ideas and desire, and health. Help me to keep using it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment