Friday, June 7, 2019

Thursday

John was out of pocket Thursday so I slept in. Never mind it was monsoon raining. The City of Greenwood had its annual employee picnic at noon, and Penny wanted me to go so I did. We met at the Civic Center and had lots of good food. Afterwards, I took a nap and then went to the pool. I swam

1,100 20:46 (1:53)
5 X 50 medium hard
250 small paddles
400 easy/hard by 25s
total: 2,000 plus 300 kick with fins

That was in the little pool, of course, and it was the first time since Chicot that I have done anything resembling quality. It wasn't much, but it was a start, a start to training for the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon held the last Saturday in July.

Later, I hooked my road bike up to the trainer and spun on it for 21:00 minutes. That is the beginning of my bicycle training. After that I lifted a few weights. I really didn't feel like doing much and I didn't. I performed rotator cuff stuff, one set of Swim Pulls, some dumbbell curls, and I punched the BAS some. Then I took nutrition and spent the rest of the evening watching lion videos on YouTube. Lion life if tough. I am thankful I am not a lion.

It was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment