Sunday, October 17, 2021

Back to Back Triples

Friday I busted out a multi-paced run of 10.55 miles. Yeah, the endurance is coming back. At the pool, I am still easing things up. I did 1,700 yards. I had just enough time in the day left to get home and lift some weights before Penny came in with groceries. That is a pretty strong training day right there, I don't care who you are.

Penny and I went to Larry's for supper. It was good, yeah. Then I woke up Saturday morning and studied for Sunday and later went to the pool for a short 1,750 yards. Since I did not do any doubles at the gym or skip any workouts, I had the whole of the day for legs and strongman stuff. I took a run, watched some college football, then went to Plate City where I did squats and farmers' carries.

I took the farmers' walk up to 127 pounds with each hand. That is 254 pounds that I  carried for 65 feet times two. Not bad for a small, old man who is not a strength athlete but an endurance one. Also, I did some deadlifts with the trap bar and wagon wheels. I went up to 215 pounds on that. There is more there. Over the next few weeks, I plan to keep easing the weight up.

By the grace of God and good health, I hope to complete a new sport that involves both endurance and strength this summer for my annual diabetes fundraiser. Thank you, Jesus, for giving me goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment