Thursday, October 28, 2021

Wild Wednesday

Wednesday's scheduling gave me time for three. But I did not do it. Why? OK, I'll tell you about it. First, we had the rematch between me and Mary Peyton Rodgers. I was able to hang with BK for the full three miles and narrowly defeat Ms Long of Leg. My pace pleased me at an average of 9:56 per mile. There was a time when that would have horrified me. Now, however, I was as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine. Over our last several races, my pace has dropped thusly:

 12:10
 11:07
 10:40
   9:56

The old, the strong, and (not pictured)
the long.

Despite my precipitous increase in speed, MPR has gotten closer every time. Really, she is frightening. She reminds me of 2 Kings 9:20. Observing from the city wall, the watchman, seeing chariots approaching, announced:
   
     And the watchman told, saying, He came even unto them, and cometh not             again: and the driving is like the driving of Jehu for he driveth furiously.

Mary Peyton walketh furiously.

Yes, of course I went to the pool. John was a no show as well as a no call. What else is new. I swam 

2,000 42:07 (yes, that is very slow)
brick kick
50 easy 1:03
50 back 1:17
total: 2,100 yards = 1,919 meters.

I went home and it was raining like a furious monsoon. Not only that, but my training buddy and gym partner was in the hospital. That took the steam right out of me. Although I have a top over Plate City, I did not want to get wet, and I did not want to get wet. The second wet was the fear that if I went out there with Pee Wee gone, I would cry and become despondent. He always hangs out with me while I train.

We woke up Wednesday morning to a sick dog. I took him to Dr. Andy. He looked fine by the time we got to the vet, but earlier, we thought he was dying. I called after the race and they told me that he was constipated and had a foreign body in his stomach. A what!?!?!?!?!? I guess he ate one of his toys. Or maybe he ate a banana peel. I have thrown a couple of those into the yard lately. I never dreamed he night eat one of them and cause trouble. You would think a dog's stomach could digest it if he did because I saw some people on Facebook eating banana peels.

Well, he is still there, but it looks like he is going to be alright. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment