Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Strong Start

The MPR fear is still real and still motivating me to train hard. Monday, I started my workout by driving to Wade Road so I could run Money Road and do my tough interval session without traffic and the bridge that I would have to deal with if I ran from home. I did 5.3 miles with five .25 intervals at sub 5K pace and a .1 mile interval. Yeah, I am serous like that. Ain't no walker going to pass me in another race. 

I hope.

Yes, I went to the pool, and John was already there. Huh? Our meeting time right now is kind of -ish ish. I swam 1,550 straight. The shoulder felt OK, but I still did not want to push things either in terms of distance or pace.

Of course. Plate City was marvelous with the October air allowing me to train hard and only sweat a little. Since it was push day, I benched pressed. I have still not added the accessory work back to the program. On the bench, I pressed

  15 X 45
  8 X 67
  14 X 100
  12 X 110
  9 X 120
  5 X 130

That and some very light shoulder work was it for the day. I went inside, took nutrition, and hung out with the cats. Life is good. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment