Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Sumamry

With my hero, Penny Palfrey, the night before Swim the Suck
It was not a good week of training. Not to worry, recovery is the chief thing right now. But my running has collapsed again and that is a real strain on my psyche. I can't even talk or write about it. Monday I shuffled 2.86 miles. Tuesday I took off from running and went to DSU. There I did 4,100 yards = 3,747.4 meters. Wednesday I tried to run again and broke down after 3.59 miles.

The bright spot of the training week was Thursday at Masters. I had a good chat with Cagri before practice. He is going to help Randy and me get faster for next year's race. He talked about us doing 10,000 in the pool sometimes. What!?! We did

1,000 warm up
30 X 100 @ 2:00 We took our pulse after every other 100. Cagri wrote every thing down.
200 easy
4,200 yards = 3,838.8 meters.

I couldn't believe my ears when Cagri said 30 X 100. The most we ever did with Petya was 20 X 100. Cagri's practices are longer and I like that a lot. He also shows some interest in helping Randy and me train for the longer open water stuff. Most pool swimmers don't really care anything about that sort of thing.

Friday I went to Twin Rivers. The water was 70 degrees and I did an easy 2,700 straight. Saturday I went back and did

1,100
16 X 100 @ 1:55
500 easy
3,200 LCMs

Water temp hit 74 by the time I left. Later in the afternoon, I lifted weights for the first time in a couple of weeks. Then I shuffled 1.47 miles to Dad's to watch MSU beat Tennessee.

Still to come is the Swim the Suck write up. I have a major presentation to make at work Tuesday, and until that is done, pretty much everything else is on hold.

I swam 13,486.2 meters
Ran 7.92 miles
walked 1.87 miles
Lifted weights 1 X
and ate way too much food. That is just one reason I need to run. Whenever I am running, I am much more circumspect about what I put into my mouth. As soon as the running goes south, I fall off the wagon when it comes to a decent diet. I'm not sure why that is, but it has always been that way with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment