Thursday, October 18, 2012

What?? Too Cold??

The weather has been so warm and the Twin Rivers pool so clean I went back Wednesday to do a killer practice. They were draining the pool. Turns out that 85 degree weather and 73 degree water is too cold. Unbelievable. I'm pretty much a cold water sissy. In fact, that was one of the names I seriously considered naming this blog. But even I can swim in 73 degrees. And this has to be the warmest October ever. Not to be stopped by common sense, Twin Rivers pulled the plug and ruined my fun. I'm telling you, there is a vast right and left wing conspiracy to keep me from experiencing pleasure.

Since I couldn't swim, I went home, redressed, and took a little shuffle. I did

2.12 miles and walked .29
I then did some weights
   Overhead press: 8 X 50
   Chin up: 4
   Dumbbell shrugs: 22 X 50
   All three times through

Thursday I shuffled 3.37 and walked .23 Then I went to DSU and did

800
600 paddles
400 as 50 free/50 back
200 hard
200 hard
400 as 50 free/25 breast/25 back
600 paddles
800 for time I did 11:29 which was a PR by six seconds
800 easy
Total: 4,800 yards = 4,392 meters

Randy was there for the first time since early summer. It was nice to see him, and he brought the gift certificate for David who takes care of us at the catfish pond. We gave him one last year. Speaking of catfish ponds, David tells me they have some empty ones at PD. I am going to try to find one tomorrow and swim test it I hope. I really am not eager to get back in what was our favorite, number 29, because the fish are getting so crazy in there. David says there is about 200,000 pounds of fish in that pond and the last time we swam it I got severely finned. My hand was paralyzed for maybe eighteen minutes and the pain was just below kidney stone level.

I just finished a draft of the Swim the Suck report and will serialize it probably starting next week. It was an interesting experience that I learned much from and I'm eager to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment