Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Summary

Saturday, I had originally planned to make another trip to the pond and get some more cold water swimming in. However, I was just feeling lazy, so I drank a lot of coffee and hung out with my wife and helped clean up. I also watched some football, Texas A&M vs LSU, until half time then I went outside and did a pretty substantial weight session. With every rep and every set, I had the Chicot Challenge and the Swim the Suck in the back of my mind. Although my yardage is by necessity way down from now until next spring, I am training for these events already.

Originally, I had planned to do next year's birthday swim at Ross Barnett. Now the plan is to go back to Chicot. Although Chicot solves a host of logistical issues, a number of those still exists. The main issue is starting earlier than last year. The store at the state park doesn't open until 9:00. This is where my pilots rented their kayaks. Last June we didn't actually start swimming until about 9:50. I want to up the distance to at least 16-miles, maybe farther. To do that and have time to contact Bob Darden early enough for him to write a follow up article, requires at least an 8:00 am start. How to get the kayaks? I own one, but need three. That's right; it looks like I will have three pilots instead of two next year. Great. The more kayakers, the safer I am.

Penny's brother, Brice, came down from Nashville so we went to Carroll County in the afternoon. I got out of the truck just before the bridge over Pelucia Creek and shuffled and walked 9.16 miles going up the big paved hill. For the week I did

Run: 15.06
Walk: 3.87
Swim: 15,822.34 meters
Weights: 2 X

For the year, I have 527 miles running and 485.27 miles swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment